Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

My wife had cataract surgery last Tuesday. She was given 3

Customer Question

My wife had cataract surgery last Tuesday. She was given 3 eye drops. I think we got confused about applications of the drops and applied them every 2 hours. We are now almost out of them. It is Saturday of a long weekend. What should we do? Thanks.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with experience in treating all neurological and other medical conditions and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

There are few options in these situations;

1) If her Dr can be contacted over the phone then he/she can be asked to call the pharmacy to refill the eye drops

2) If the particular Dr who did the surgery is not available to be contacted over the long weekend then his/her colleagues may be covering for that Dr who can call the pharmacy and refill the eye drops

3) If both the above options are not possible then visiting the nearest ER or Urgent care where doctors can help you guys with a new prescription for these eye drops.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Customer/p>