DIEGO BONILLA
DIEGO BONILLA, Doctor
Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University
93381398

My mum fell and hit her head and went to the doctor and he

Customer Question

My mum fell and hit her head and went to the doctor and he sent her home with Panasonic... Thereafter she lost sight in her left eye and then was diagnosed with an anurism of the brain.... Sh.e had surgery after her normal doctor was on holidays and was picked up by another physician and 1 month after surgery she passed away with a pulmonary blood clot why would this happen? Still today it breaks my heart does anyone really care about the aged in Australia?
Category: Eye
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.

This is Dr. Diego, experienced in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. From the description you gave, it seems like your mother had a fall and this caused further medical complications. Usually for any patient in hospital they have an increased risk for blood clots specially after immobilization and surgery. Unfortunately in the case you described, the clot plus the other medical problems were severe and she passed away. The initial fall was the first event that started all these complication. I'm sorry for your loss. Let me know if you have any other questions. Please rate my answer.