Ashley Mires
Ashley Mires,
Experience:  Internist at Chest & Critical Care Consultants
94080274

Over the past year the vision on my right eye has

Customer Question

hello, over the past year the vision on my right eye has deteriorated, some symptons are as the day goes on, struggle to focus, feels like pressure in my eye, later in the day if i close my left eye i really struggle to read anything in small print like a mobile phone message, and sometimes see double vision slightly.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Ashley Mires replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Dr. Mires here to help answer your question. You've said that this has been happening gradually over the last year? Is it just in one eye, not the other?

Also, what are your current medical problems? Have you ever been diagnosed with diabetes, epilepsy, glaucoma, etc that you know of?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this seems to be only in my right eye, i have had a simple eye test for glasses and my results were minimal 0.25/0.50. I don't have any medical conditions that i am aware of and have regular health checks every 6 months (job requirements). I have done the simple home test for diabetes and seems inconclusive, in the morning i get a positive reading of around 80 and then a spiked reading after evening food of around 160. I have been suffering terribly with anxiety over the past 2 years, however the past month whilst on vacation this seems to have disappeared completely,....Br
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hallo?

Hello good evening or good morning and I'm terribly sorry for my very delayed response. Believe it or not anxiety can cause side effects relating to your vision eyesight. So can hi blood pressure… And when you're anxious your blood pressure tends to spike. I would have more conclusive testing done for diabetes and glaucoma as well as hypertension. A spike in blood glucose after eating a meal is not only normal but expected; however this does not mean that you do not have diabetes and you need further testing to rule that out officially. The fact they say it feels like pressure in your eye makes me think of high blood pressure related issue and or glaucoma. You need to undergo a tonometry reading to determine your intraocular pressure, which is how we determine a patients risk factor for glaucoma. When it comes to your vision, it's never one of those"Let's just wait and see what happens"Type situations. When you find abnormalities you need to seek resolutions immediately to insure no permanent damage is done