Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Sulfameth is not working on my sty is there another type of

Customer Question
antibiotic i should get JA: Have...
sulfameth is not working on my sty is there another type of antibiotic i should get
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes i have a sty for 8 days he gave me sulfameth two days ago when it was worsening the whole eye became swollen two days ago
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eye itchy?
Customer: as above on duration nio itching
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no healthy no meds
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
6/27/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

most sty's are caused by a viral infection.

antibiotics don't work on viral infections.

you need to go back to see your doctor if your eye is swollen back up again.

you could have a viral infection or herpetic infection of the eye

is there pain with the swelling?

you should be using warm compresses on your eyes which can help

and improving your immune system, getting more sleep, eating more fruits and vegetables, vitamin C, eating 1-2 oranges a day can help improve your immune system.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist