Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

IS IT TRUE THAT 25 MG OF LUTEIN IS CONSIDERED TOXIC -- BY THE ARENS 2 STUDY? I'VE BEEN TAKING THAT MUCH LUTEIN WITH 5...

Customer Question
IS IT TRUE THAT 25...
IS IT TRUE THAT 25 MG OF LUTEIN IS CONSIDERED TOXIC -- BY THE ARENS 2 STUDY? I'VE BEEN TAKING THAT MUCH LUTEIN WITH 5 MG ZEAXANTHIN. COULD THAT BE TOXIC?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: MULTAQ FOR ATRIAL FIBRILATION, XARELTO FOR ANTI-COAGULANT AND DIOVAN FOR HB PRESSURE.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?
Customer: ABOUT 5 YEARS. NO OTHER SYMPTOMS
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: NO, I'M VERY HEALTHY, NOT OBESE, EAT & EXERCISE CORRECTLY, ETC.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
6/19/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr SH, Certified physician replied 1 year ago
Dr SH
Dr SH, Certified physician

Thank you for your question.

Lutein 25 mg with 5 mg zeaxanthin is not toxic.

You can continue taking it if you wish.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Dr SH
Dr SH
Dr SH, Certified physician