How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask khagihara Your Own Question
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 6590
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years.
Type Your Eye Question Here...
khagihara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm seeing a curved rainbow discoloration in my left eye

Customer Question

I'm seeing a curved rainbow discoloration in my left eye thats affecting vision. It's happened once before a month ago. It's fleeting and lasts only about an hour. Do you know what it could be?
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: I've never really had my eyes checked.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i don't htink so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach the photos here? How old are you? Are you a male or a female? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't take a photo of the issue as it's what I'm visualizing rather than an obstruction that someone else can see by looking at my eye. Age 34, female, 190#. I'm not taking any medications. No known medical problems. 20/20 vision
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

That means scattering of light is occurring on the cornea or lens. You could have spots on the cornea or lens. You should see an eye doctor to have eye exam.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, will do. Thanks for your response
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Please rate my answer. Thank you.