Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have frequent wee pain in lower admin have done 2 tests in

Customer Question
1 week 2 different doctors...
I have frequent wee pain in lower admin have done 2 tests in 1 week 2 different doctors who say no trace of bacteria Is it a UTI ?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Since last Tuesday not getting better trying second antibiotic since yesterday
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Had a OP in sep last year to widen a tube after getting Kidney infection
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
6/11/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Do you have the test results with you? and can you post them here? Any other symptoms apart from lower abdominal pain? Any medications that you might be on?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later if you want.

If your urine shows no sign of bacteria then it is possible that you may be suffering from interstitial cystitis. This is a condition in which the lining of the bladder is inflammed and this can lead to burning urination, pain in the lower abdomen, frequent urination, pelvic pain etc. Now this can be due to an autoimmune reaction among many other causes. Usually the diagnosis is made with the help of a urine routine examination which would show WBCs without any bacteria. Secondly the diagnosis needs to be confirmed with the help of a cystoscopy. the treatment can be with various drugs like painkillers and a newer drug like elmiron. Nerve stimulation procedures may be considered as well.

At the same time you should also be investigated thoroughly for an infection and a urine culture with a repeat urine examination should be done. Abdominal and pelvic ultrasound is also recommended.

i would suggest that you discuss these possibilities withyour doctor.

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

I would also like to mention that if needed a CT scan should also be done to determine any signs of chronic inflammation in the urinary system.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor