Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Cloudy and pinkish eyes are a sign or symptom of what? The problem was found to be High Blood Pressure...

Customer Question
Cloudy and pinkish eyes are...
Cloudy and pinkish eyes are a sign or symptom of what?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
6/9/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi and welcome.

This is most likely sign and symptom of the eye disease called conjunctivitis. Conjunctivitis is inflammation of the conjunctiva, the thin, filmy membrane that covers the white of your eye. The conjunctiva, which produces mucus to coat and lubricate the surface of the eye, contains fine blood vessels that can be seen on close inspection. When the conjunctiva becomes irritated or inflamed, the blood vessels, which supply it, enlarge and become more prominent, causing the eye to turn pink and cloudy. There can be number of causes which can lead to this including infections bacterial or viral or allergic reaction. Treatment depends upon the cause.

Let me know if you have further questions,

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The problem was found to be High Blood Pressure.

Alright, thank you for the update, very high blood pressure can cause eye congestion.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor