How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11305
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 57 years old and have had parkinsons 25 years. The last

Customer Question

Hi, I'm 57 years old and have had parkinsons for over 25 years. The last few years I've been having double vision due to side effect of Parkinson's medication according to my GP. My vision has been deteriorating gradually. Recently I started an MA in fine art so have been straining my eyes which have been hurting burning eye sight worse. I don't want to end up blind. What can I do to help my eyes? Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.First of all you can start using over the counter artificial tears to soothe your eyes. This should help.As to the double vision, you can put a patch over one eye and this will take care of the double images -- a simple solution to a complex problem. Another option would be to consult with a strabismus expert -- these doctors also care for children; pediatric ophthalmologists) and see if prisms or surgery can help with the double vision.Using your eyes will not damage them.....So. What is the take home message?I would suggest you see an ophthalmologist to figure out just what is going on with your eyes. I always tell my GP associates "I won't treat heart you shouldn't treat eyes." Make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS