Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I've had a swollen eyelid days that seems to be getting

Customer Question

I've had a swollen eyelid for 3 days that seems to be getting worse (and more painful). There is no bump so I do not believe it is a stye. I have been applying a warm compress but it has not helped. What could be the issue/what could I do?
JA: The Opthamologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davida swollen eyelid can be from a blocked tear ductmore painful means you should see a doctor at the ER or urgent care center.or see your eye doctor for evaluationI would use cold compresses to help reduce swelling.you might need a course of antibiotic and steroid eye dropslet me know if you have questions.