Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I've had a swollen eyelid for 3 days that seems to be

Customer Question
getting worse (and more painful)...
I've had a swollen eyelid for 3 days that seems to be getting worse (and more painful). There is no bump so I do not believe it is a stye. I have been applying a warm compress but it has not helped. What could be the issue/what could I do?
JA: The Opthamologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
5/17/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

a swollen eyelid can be from a blocked tear duct

more painful means you should see a doctor at the ER or urgent care center.

or see your eye doctor for evaluation

I would use cold compresses to help reduce swelling.

you might need a course of antibiotic and steroid eye drops

let me know if you have questions.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist