Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Over the last week or so I have had occasional watering and

Customer Question
Hi, over the last week...
Hi, over the last week or so I have had occasional watering and some slight soreness in my right eye. I'm prone to dryness and sometimes use over the counter artificial tears eye drops. Yesterday morning I woke up and there was a very small speck of white on my eye where my iris is. It felt like there was something in my eye but no redness.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now the speck of white has gone away and I think there is now a slight cloudiness where it was. I don't wear contacts but I'm worried it's a corneal ulcer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It still feels like there is something in my eye.
5/14/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

you are young

scratches of your corneal will heal up very quickly

your cornea has good blood supply and can heal in a few hours to a few days.

allergies can cause tearing and soreness and itchiness of your eyes.

you can see an eye doctor and get your eyes examined

but I bet they will say your eyes are fine without a cornea ulcer.

let me know if you have questions.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist