Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

About two days ago i noticed a small black dot in my eye

About two days ago i noticed a small black dot in my eye which is visible when looking to a white wall. I have searched and thought it could eb an eye float. I am 34, and i am on a good diet, the only thing is i spent lots of hours in front of computer but i always take breakes and also use drops in case my eyes grts dry. I had a lasik surgery 13 years ago. I decided to get an appointment from a doctor and she examined my eyes telling me evrrything looks fine. Have perfect sight etc.. thr issue is since then i am sensitive to light soecially night, and also i feel i am not seeing things clearly sort of blury which might goes away time to time. As i type this message i kind of see it blury but on a very low degree but still it bothers. Is this an eye float,? Or its something else? I can see small black dot in my eye even at night but no flashes. Shall i get another apointment from another optometrist? I am actually doing that on monday because i think if i had an eye float my doctor should have told me that. Please advice. By the way i had this blurry vision before which i got rid of it by using a drop my doctor recommemded same time 2 years ago. I have been taking eye supplements long time.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Hello from justanswer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there i dont see any answers?

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

This is not float as doctor said

This is because you spend lot of hours infront of computer

It can be due to dryness of eyes

Yes, I suggest to go to optometrist for check up.

If anything abnormal, you can go to ophthalmalogist once again and see if anything is abnormal

Also, I suggest take Refresh tears eye drops to be put to avoid dry eyes.

Anyq uestions ask me

Request to leave a posiitve rating

Best Regards

Any further questions, please ask or request to leave a posiitve rating, so that I'm compensated for my time

I wish you a speedy recovery

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How about the small black dot i see in my eye which moves when i scroll around? What is that, that is not a sign of eye float?

When have you checked last with Ophthalmologist?

This seems like a floater, according to your explanation. Do you have persistent symptom of black dot appearing or only sometimes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It started 2 days ago and it is there, yesterday it got disapeared today its back again

Ok, then it can happen due to strain or eye sight sometimes

You take rest for a week, not to see much computer

Take Refresh tears eye drops

Go to an optometrist and see what he tells

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there a specific method or procedure to take to see if its a floater, is there an specific examination they do and they see??

It is routine Opthalmologist exmination.

They examine with the retinoscope and see the fundus if anything is abnormal

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay but can eye fatigue cause to see that black dot, which moves with my eye? Is it something to cure? I am worried it will be ab eye float

Request to leave a positive rating and any bonus I appreciate

If it is a eye float, it will be diagnosed during routine ophthal examination

So, don't worry, follow the advise and get back!

Do not forget to leave a posiitve rating at the top right corner of the page. Regards