Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My eyes are hard to see thru,/very dry and And Scratchy and

Customer Question
My eyes are hard...
My eyes are hard to see thru,/very dry and
And
Scratchy and in both eyes
vision is all blurry
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
5/13/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

Scratchy eyes with blurring of vision is highly suggestive of issue in cornea , sometimes inflammation of cornea results in to such symptoms .

It would be ideal for you to consult eye dr , because early treatment may prevent formation of opacities in cornea and prevent visual issues .

So this is something that should be handled on emergency basis .

So please go to eye dr as early as possible .

Good luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Eye Doctor: Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered. replied 1 year ago
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.

Hello, I'm another expert

Please tell me from how long you have this? Have you tried any drops?

This is emergency , you shouldn't wait and please follow advise as I asked you ..

Regards .

Are you there ...

Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and have been on Just Answer as an eye expert for the last 7 years. I do not agree with Dr. Abid about going to the ER for your eye symptoms. It is very unlikely for the corneas to be affected in both eyes simultaneously the way explained above. Corneal inflammation or infection cause severe pain, redness, photophobia, watering from the eye. Your symptoms are rather suggestive of dry eyes resulting from tear film issues.

Dry eyes can occur from involvement of any of the 3 layers of the tear film. The tear film has 3 layers- aqueous, lipid and mucin. The most frquent layer to be affected is the aqueous layer. It is seen due to increased evapouration of tears as can be seen with excessive hours in front of the laptop/computer/television or long hours of continous reading or writing. It can also be precipitated by excessive exposure to air conditioning or even very hot and humid climate. The treatment is in the form of tear supplements such as over the counter preservative free Refresh tears eye drops , 1 drop 4 times a day for about a month.

If the scratchy sensation persists even after using the lubricating eye drops suggested above, then do get your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist for a closer look and further evaluation.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist