Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have a yellowish looking dot or growth next to my pupil on

Customer Question
the white part of my...
I have a yellowish looking dot or growth next to my pupil on the white part of my eyes
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: What is this and is it concerning
JA: Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
5/10/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

can you upload a clear photo of the yellowish looking dot?

are you having problems blinking your eyelid?

any visual changes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not having any issues with my eyes. I have had these spots (on both eyes) for several years. They do not appear to be changing in size. I am concerned at some point it could affect my vision, and admittedly I don't like the way they look.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is another photo.

this is a pinguecula which is a yellowish, slightly raised thickening of the conjunctiva on the white part of the eye (sclera), close to the edge of the cornea

this is a common, non-cancerous growth of the conjunctiva

you don't have to have it removed

if it bothers your eye, you can have it removed by surgery.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how did I get it and it will not grow bigger?

pinguecula forms when the tissue in your conjunctiva changes and creates a small bump

some of these bumps contain protein, fat, and calcium, while others contain protein and either fat or calcium

the reason for this change isn't fully understood, but it's been linked to frequent exposure to sunlight, dust, or wind irritation of the eye

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician