How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 46331
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I cut my eye with finger nail two days ago. And I see red

Customer Question

I cut my eye with finger nail two days ago. And I see red blood clot. what are the home remedies for that
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: the cut seems to be in the white part of the eye, with one dark red spot which I think where the cut is and the rest around the cut is just red. From yesterday till today, the red part is not incresing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you are not willing to see an eye doctor to get an eye exam?

your eyes are very important.

the cut could become infected.

you could have a scratched cornea.

you can put a cold compresses on your closed eye to help decrease pain and swelling.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, so what eye doctor I need to see specifically, the one who makes eye glasses ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

no, those are opticians

you need to see an ophthalmologist MD eye doctor to get your eyes examined after the scratch.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using