Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Dr. David~I am farsighted~I use store bought readers for up

Customer Question

Dr. David~I am farsighted~I use store bought readers for up close stuff~I can see far off, but I do squint quiet a bit to focus more clearer~It makes my eyes really tired, especially if my husband & I travel a long distance~I get very bad eye strain~I had gotten a prescription for bifocals, but don't wear them, because i feel like I'm looking into a bubble~Do they make glasses to where I can just have the whole lense the same?~Please help me~Thank you~
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

this is Dr. David

yes, they do make eye glasses where they make the whole lens the same

some people have difficulty with bifocals.

some people do better with two pairs of eye glasses, one for close and another for distance.

you should talk to your doctor about that, getting two pair of prescription glasses to wear, one for close or reading and one for distance viewing. that might work better for your eyes.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would it be ok if I like just use these store bought readers for close up, & get a pair of prescription's for distance, or do I really need a prescription pair for close up~Would it matter!~
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it is up to you what you use for close up work.

if the store bought magnifiers work better for you, then you can use those

that is fine.

and then use another pair for distance viewing.

This is Dr. David

yes, if you are having more pain in that area, you should go back to your doctor and get an MRI scan of the region to check on the syringomyelia and see if it has changed size

more pain in your lower back could be due to many potential different causes

it could be due to muscle strain or arthritis, weather changes, slipped disk, pinched nerve or potentially worsening of your syringomyelia.

only a doctor's exam and MRI imaging can give the information to your doctors to tell you what is causing the increased pain.

you don't want to wait for the pain to get worse to see your doctor.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com