Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

My son has been diagnosed with viral conjunctivitis, It has

Customer Question

my son has been diagnosed with viral conjunctivitis
JA: OK. The Opthamologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: It has been over 12 days that he has had it, but what's strange is what seems to be sever pain around his eyes
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: I am just wondering why wouldn't the pain go away, maybe it's not viral conjunctivitis?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

viral conjunctivitis really shouldn't cause much pain.

who diagnosed this?

This needs evaluation by an ophthalmologist

This is urgent. He could have something worse like iritis

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)

If you have more questions, just reply