How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Dan B. Your Own Question
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 3334
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Dan B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lower eyelid concavityJA: The Opthamologist will need to

Customer Question

Lower eyelid concavity
JA: The Opthamologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: Bottom right eyelid practically in the middle has a concavity. My eye doc thought was a clogged pore, but now wants me to see a cancer doc to take a look at it.
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: I have low vitamin D I have been told and have read this concavity could be a warning sign for an autoimmune deficiency.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloPlease attach a picture here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached I think?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm gonna make you earn it doc...what do you pads in the shower for three weeks, or maybe it could be sign of cancer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
39 Male relatively healthy just got my eyes checked and they were great and my contacts do not touch this so eye doc said separate issue. He originally said use pads and hot water against lid which I did not do for a month or so. Now he said it may have dipped a little bit more than the last time he looked at it, so to rule it out he wanted me to go see a lid specialist, better known as a ocular plastic specialist. It seems the same to me and does not bother me one bit (besides looking at it in the mirror), but I was hoping he just said use the baby scrubs.