Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I just awoke with my 2nd subconjunctival hemorrhage in the

Customer Question
Hello. I just awoke...
Hello. I just awoke with my 2nd subconjunctival hemorrhage in the past few months (last one maybe 3 months ago). The first one I was told not to worry about. It stayed away from the cornea. And to just wait it out. Now I have a second. Should I be concerned?
JA: Eye and optical health matter so much, I'm sure the Expert will be able to get you some answers. Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
4/28/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi and thanks for the query.

If you're not using blood thinners and you aren't hypertensive or diabetic, then an isolated subconjunctival hemorrhage is really not a cause for concern. This can happen to anyone at any age and is usually due to a forceful stain like coughing, sneezing, vomiting etc.

Rest assured. This is most likely just an isolated event.

Let me know if you have any concerns or queries related to this.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor