Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have central serous retinopathy and just had a leak in my

Customer Question

I have central serous retinopathy and just had a leak in my left eye. Is there anything I could do for it myself because it's so difficult to see unless I use a lot of light to kind of blast through the blob? It's somewhat transparent but it's annoying and my doctor said to consider the argon laser which I am considering. The possible scarring may result from the 2 minute argon laser which will be far away from the center. Will this blog go away soon and again is there anything I can do?
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: I am already seeing an excellent ophthalmologist/retinal specialist.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blob, not blog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about Rhodiola, schizandra and aschwganda? Do these products (herbs) help csr?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.As a retina specialist with almost 3 decades of clinical experience I am sorry to say that there is nothing you can do at home or on your own to impact your CSR.You should give things 3 to 4 months before considering laser (in the majority of cases....) at many time the fluid resolves on its own.Nothing you can do, no supplement, no diet, no herb etc is going to help.......no matter what The Evil Dr. Google might try to sell you. Sorry about that.It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS