Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

If an opthalmologist gives a patient the very bright lights

Customer Question
if an opthalmologist gives...
if an opthalmologist gives a patient the very bright lights in their dilated eyes twice would it cause little black spots to appear even after 3 weeks?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
4/17/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

No. It will not.

Something else is going on....

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
your answer achieved one thing to ease my mind. A retinal opthalmalogist recommended i return to the doctor that treated me and do it as soon as possible.

I bet you will be fine. I am a retina specialist and can not think of any way that the exam caused any damage to your eyes.

You can put these worries behind you.

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was still feeling a little concerned but i was also feeling better. I took your advice and spoke to a renowned retinal specialist, which resulted in going back to the original MD. all seems to be well.

I'm glad things have turned out well.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Have a good weekend

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD