Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My name is ***** *****, my daughter got hit in her both eyes

Customer Question
hello, my name is *****...
hello, my name is ***** *****, my daughter got hit in her both eyes with elastic band and she is pain and cannot open her eyes, what should she do to treat it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She has tears in her eyes and cannot open her eyes in light.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/12/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Longo, Optometrist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Longo
Dr. Longo, Optometrist
Hello I am Dr. Longo.
It is best she get treatment in person as she likely has a corneal abrasion. This abrasion may need to be cleaned depending on the size to make sure it heals properly. Also, we bandage abrasions with contact lenses or pressure patches to allow better healing. We also prescribe antibiotics to prevent infection.Please see your local optometrist for immediate help without having to spend $$$ at an ER. They can help you in office very easily for a minimal cost.
Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please accept my answer so this conversation can close. Thank you! =)
Dr. Longo
Dr. Longo
Dr. Longo, Optometrist