Dr. Longo
Dr. Longo, Optometrist
Experience:  Residency in Ocular Disease, Managed Ocular ER
89512414

Can't keep eye open and feels like there's something in it.

Customer Question

Can't keep eye open and feels like there's something in it. Redness too and painful
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: left eye
JA: Anything else I can tell the Opthamologist before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Longo replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Dr. Longo.
This sensation you are feeling can truly be something that went into your eye, or a corneal abrasion (scratch). Both need to be handled in person. We can remove the object or clean the scratch, Bandage if needed, and then prescribe an antibiotic to prevent infection.Please see your local optometrist for help. They can see you in office for a minimal cost.
Expert:  Dr. Longo replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please accept my answer so this conversation can close. Thank you! =)