Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have a lump of my forehead near my eyebrow that just

Customer Question
appeared and won't go away...
I have a lump of my forehead near my eyebrow that just appeared and won't go away Not tender, doesnt hurt, pretty hard
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: On my head, above my right eyebrow is a lump. No pain, no tenderness. Not sure what it is?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, paid
4/6/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Can you upload a picture of the lump?

Any pain?

Is your vision affected?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll take a picture and upload but to answer the other questions and a few more:
1. No pain
2. No vision affected
3. No sinus issues
4. Not on any prescribed medication (name vitamins)
5. No medical problem
6. Its not moving - stays in one place
7. Right above the eyebrow
8. Size of a dime.

Thank you for that additional information.

It sound like it could be a sebaceous cyst or a minor skin infection. Without even a picture to look at it is impossible to narrow things down very well.

So. What to do?

1. Apply hot compresses to the area 3x/day

2. Put a topical ointment on it such as triple antibiotic

3. If it does not get better in a few days (it might even "pop" open and drain), or should things take a turn for the worse, then see your doctor.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here are two forehead shot.Thanks,
Dianna
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any additional feedback?Thanks,
Dianna
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Here is the link for a live phone call. Once you accept the offer then we can arrange a time to talk.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sent the pics for more clarity like you asked, then get hit with more fees? Not cool. I googled the same info for free.

Dianna,

I sent you a link offering a phone call like you requested (there is an additional charge for this) but that is only a offer. There should not have got any more fees posted unless you accepted the phone call offer, which my system shows you have not.........weird :(

I'm sorry about the mix up. Please contact customer service and they will take care of this for you.

I reviewed your pictures but they still do not allow me to see detail at all although I can kinda see a hint of something on the right side.....

At this point, your best bet is to see a doctor in person...pictures just do not work for showing what is going on.

Sorry about that.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish you the very best. Have a good weekend.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD