Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have a lump of my forehead near my eyebrow

Customer Question

***** ***** - I have a lump of my forehead near my eyebrow that just appeared and won't go away Not tender, doesnt hurt, pretty hard
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: On my head, above my right eyebrow is a lump. No pain, no tenderness. Not sure what it is?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, paid
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.Can you upload a picture of the lump?Any pain?Is your vision affected?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll take a picture and upload but to answer the other questions and a few more:
1. No pain
2. No vision affected
3. No sinus issues
4. Not on any prescribed medication (name vitamins)
5. No medical problem
6. Its not moving - stays in one place
7. Right above the eyebrow
8. Size of a dime.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that additional information.It sound like it could be a sebaceous cyst or a minor skin infection. Without even a picture to look at it is impossible to narrow things down very well.So. What to do?1. Apply hot compresses to the area 3x/day2. Put a topical ointment on it such as triple antibiotic3. If it does not get better in a few days (it might even "pop" open and drain), or should things take a turn for the worse, then see your doctor.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are two forehead shot.Thanks,
Dianna
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any additional feedback?Thanks,
Dianna
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Here is the link for a live phone call. Once you accept the offer then we can arrange a time to talk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent the pics for more clarity like you asked, then get hit with more fees? Not cool. I googled the same info for free.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Dianna,I sent you a link offering a phone call like you requested (there is an additional charge for this) but that is only a offer. There should not have got any more fees posted unless you accepted the phone call offer, which my system shows you have not.........weird :(I'm sorry about the mix up. Please contact customer service and they will take care of this for you.I reviewed your pictures but they still do not allow me to see detail at all although I can kinda see a hint of something on the right side.....At this point, your best bet is to see a doctor in person...pictures just do not work for showing what is going on.Sorry about that.It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACSI wish you the very best. Have a good weekend.