Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

In the area in my right(small circle in the area) has

Customer Question
In the white area in...
In the white area in my right(small circle in the white area) has changed to be yellow
JA: OK. The Opthamologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: I don't know how to describe it bitter, but not the whole white area- it's just a small circle yellow
JA: Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: yes
JA: What else should I tell the Opthamologist?
Customer: I've been alcoholic for almost a year. Every day I drink till I sleep. However, I got help and I'm now a week old of free alcohol. Also, a doc that helped me gave me multivitamin, Folic Acid and Thiamine. But I'm still worried about this because it only appears like 4 or 3 months ago
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I will be waiting the answer, Thank you
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

it can be 100% normal to have some yellow discorolation at the very corners of the whites or sclera of your eye.

this can can yellow as we get older.

this is not a sign of jaundice or liver problems.

the whole while sclera has to turn yellow for you to be worried about jaundice or liver problems.

I am glad you quit drinking. keep taking the multivitamins

and get into a support group like AA to keep you from drinking.

let me know if you have questions.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist