Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I'm ***** *****. I was recently diagnosed with Type 1

Customer Question
Hi, I'm ***** *****...

Hi, I'm ***** *****. I was recently diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I'm 36 and otherwise in healthy condition. My eyesight has been a bit nearsighted for the past 6 years, bur shortly after my diagnosis my eyesight switched from nearsighted to farsighted overnight, in that I know see things far away clearly and my glasses make thing blurry and my laptop screen and close writings are now blurry, which wasn't the case before. Is this common?

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Not really, I thought I expressed everything right ... but: I was recently diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I'm 36 and otherwise in healthy condition. My eyesight has been a bit nearsighted for the past 6 years, bur shortly after my diagnosis my eyesight switched from nearsighted to farsighted overnight, in that I know see things far away clearly and my glasses make thing blurry and my laptop screen and close writings are now blurry, which wasn't the case before. Is this common?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
3/8/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

yes, this is common as we all get older

you need to go back to your eye doctors and get another eye exam.

you might need a new prescription for your eye glasses.

you might even need two different lenses in one pair of eye glasses for near and far vision to help you see better.

when was your last eye exam?