Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I got hit (sort of poked) in the eye really hard and it

Customer Question
I got hit (sort...

I got hit (sort of poked) in the eye really hard and it seems like my eye has been pushed back further into socket. Swelling has gone down (have been icing) and my vision is absolutely perfect and pain has decreased but Just wanted to know if it's possible to knock an eye into socket further?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
3/8/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Sorry to know about your injury.

I need to know a few more things regarding your eye such as-

Does the affected eye move completely in all directions?

Is there any double vision in any particular gaze?

Can you send an image if possible?

This is just an information request and I look forward to your reply.

Thank you

my eye moves in all directions and my vision is perfect. I took a Tylenol and pain seems to be going down...just feels like my eye is further into my face. Will send pictures

Thank you for the reply and for the image too.

Yes the right eye appears to be smaller but that could be due to the edema. Very unlikely that the eyeball has been pushed inwards due to a poke.

Enophthalmos is the term for inward push of the eye. However you do not seem to have that as seen on the image. Give it some mire time to resolve and I am sure that eye would soon appear the same as the other.

Thanks and best wishes