Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Swollen eye - puffy, fell over hit my head and now eye has…

Customer Question
Swollen eye -...

Swollen eye - puffy

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Fell over hit my head and now eye has swollen no brusing brusing

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
3/7/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ....

Post trauma swelling of soft tissue is common specially around eyes because of the reason that lax tissues are more around eye , and this is body response against trauma .

You shouldn't worry for that , this takes almost 2 weeks to settle .

Antinflammaroy pills like Tab Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day will gelp you out .

Cold sponging of area is also helpful .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Are you there ..

Do you have more quires ...

why did it take a whole day for the swelling to come up and no brusing?

Because blunt trauma present in same way , and bruising presents with BOTH SWELLING AND BRUISE .

So you have blunt trauma .

Regards .

How long till the swelling stops. seems to get bigger over night when Im asleep

Almost 2 weeks .

Regards .

Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor