Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I went to the ER this past Sunday re: Cyst on left eye

Customer Question
I went to the...

I went to the ER this past Sunday re: Cyst on left eye between nose and eye, as well as side of face being quite pink. The cyst was drained and sent for culture. It came back with "Stenotrophomonas Maltophilia"

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?

I'm to have surgery to remove the cyst this coming Friday and have a very tiny tube inserted to keep area open until tissue around it has healed. I'm 80 years old with many medical issues held at bay via medications.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

What are your medical issues?

What symptoms did you have?

M/F?

Are you on any antibiotics?

Can you upload a picture?

how long has this cyst been present before you had it drained?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.