Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I think i may have pink eye, will stye ointment work for…

Customer Question
I think i may...

I think i may have pink eye

Doctor's Assistant: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.

Will stye ointment work for pink eye?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
I don't have health ins. my left eye is pretty red, itches sometimes, right eye is slightly red. what over the counter treatment can i use?
3/4/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question.

A pink eye is either due to a viral conjunctivitis or due to allergic conjunctivitis. Considering the fact that there is some amount of itching also looks like the latter is more likely.

You can use Alaway/Zaditor eye drops,1 drop twice a day for 2 weeks.

Thank you and best wishes.

Do remember to rate this answer positively if you found it to your satisfaction.

For any further queries you can reply back here and I will answer them here.

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist