Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My name is ***** ***** and my right eyelid has been tugging…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** and my right eyelid has been tugging for about 3 months now, its not a common twitch but you can see it moving sideways when it does it. It started only doing it several times a day to now every several minutes. I am 45 and have astigmatisms in both eyes my current prescription is good. I have no other symptoms with my face or pain related. It also starts very soon after I get up in the morning.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I cant think of any other details other than what i gave you. sorry maybe you can help

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
3/3/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Thanks for this question

Do you have any other related medical issues?

No I do not have any other medical issues, I also am not taking any medications.

this is known as blepharospasm

It is very common and generally benign

There are many meds that can help

I would try flexeril or cogentin

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor