Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I'm have sharp pains in my eye from time to time and wanting

Customer Question
Hi My name is***** have...
Hi My name is***** have sharp pains in my eye from time to time and wanting to know which type of Doctor should I have to examine me.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I also wanted to know what could this be coming from . I work in an office setting on the computer all day. But my pain starts sometimes with a headache the in a couple of minutes my eye is blood shot red. and later the next day or so I get a sharp stabbing pain in my eye....
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Eye Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
3/3/2016
Eye Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

First, an opthalmologist

This is to rule out conditions such as glaucoma.

You might see your regular doctor for a referral.

It is likely eye strain, but more serious conditions must be ruled out.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician