How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11267
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Rick, I have a slight blurring of vision in my left eye past

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Rick, I have a slight blurring of vision in my left eye for the past day or two. While I initially thought it war my getting old (I'm 43], I noticed that when I close and open my left eyelid against a bright background, such as a well lit wall, there is a light blue translucent circle at the center of my field of vision. Please advise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience and requesting me.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Go to this website and follow the directions:

and tell me what the grid looks like.

Also, with your other eye closed, how does the vision seem out of the affected eye with your glass etc on?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The grid has a slight pincushion. Many of the lines near the dot are blurredoing with double lines. There are some blurred patches.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Given what you have told me It is very possible that you have something going on with the very center (and very important) part of your retina called the macula.

So. What should you do?

Get into see an ophthalmologist (Eye MD) today. An optometrist (OD) is not well enough trained to deal with these sorts of issues in my opinion as a retina specialist......

These sorts of things tend to get worse over time if ignored so go sit in and Eye MD's waiting room until she squeezes you into her clinic schedule today.

And, yes, I could give you a laundry list of possible differential diagnosis for your symptoms but, with the limited data we can share via online chat, that list will be of almost no use to you.

What you really need to know is this:

Get in for a good eye exam. Now.

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm in surgery all day today but drop me a note and let me know what the ophthalmologist has to say.....