Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I had both eye lens replaced 10 plus tears ago. the right

Customer Question

I had both eye lens replaced 10 plus tears ago. the right one has been red for a few days an this evening it started to really bother me, like something was in my eye. I tried washing it but to no avail. upon a closer look in a mirror I could see what appeared to be a lens floating around. Vision is blurry when I adjust the lens it becomes clearer. Can this be repaired.
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: I will contact the dr. that did the implant tomorrow am. is this fixable"?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

If, indeed, your intraocular lens has become displaced, and your eye is red and painful, this could very well be an ocular emergency.

You need to contact your ophthalmologists office and see if they have a Eye MD who can see you now.

If not, you should go to your local ER and ask them if they have an ophthalmologist on call who can evaluate you tonight.

If none of these are possible then you need to be waiting outside your eye surgeons office in the morning when they open the doors. Do not eat or drink anything other than a sip of water to take your normal daily medication.

To answer your question:

Yes. This is something that can be addressed and probably made better.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS