Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have eye pain for the past four to five hours, from

Customer Question
I have eye pain...

I have eye pain for the past four to five hours, from discomfort to pain. I do have Saltzman's nodules (?), but this is new tonight. It looks like a small darkish bump. Not sure what to do. My eye drops haven't helped.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have photos but don't know if you have a way to see them. It's just a sort of dark, maybe purple little spot that looks like a raised bump and feels like a eyelash in my eye, sometimes a needle.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
2/27/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

you can upload pictures using the paperclip on your screen. I would be happy to evaluate them for you.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

It is possible that, even though this feels different than your previous saltzman's related issues, that you could have a corneal abrasion. The risk is that this might have turned into a corneal ulcer.

You should do your best to be seen by an eye doctor this morning. If one is not available you should consider going to the ER. Hopefully the ER has an Eye MD on call who can come and evaluate you. If not, being treated by an ER doctor is a start anyway.

As you know eye issues can get much more complicated pretty quickly. From what you have posted, this is not something that can wait until Monday nor is it something you should continue to deal with on your own at home.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS