Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I believe i have a scleral blister. clear fluid. bottom of…

Customer Question
i believe i have a...
i believe i have a scleral blister. clear fluid. bottom of outer corner of eye.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
2/25/2016
Eye Doctor: khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 2 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

It seems to be a conjunctival cyst. It would resolve on itself. If it doesn't go away, it should be excised with simple surgery.

Eye Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

Please attach a picture

it's about 1-2 ml of fluid. mushy, saggy, & either rests atop the waterline of my lower lid or squishes in between my lids when closed. pain behind eyeball when rotating to look into periphery. using durazol 0.05% steroid drops for 2 days. how long before it goes away? any other medicines?

This is not a cyst.

This is typically due to local allergic reaction, which can become severe.

Go to urgent care to day and have this examined.

Often a steroid is used.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

we found black mold in the ac duct. i think it is that. will the steroid drops not be enough? i had uveitis in the other eye on December, why i had the drops available & why i was looking & found the mold. you can guess how much that cost, over 4 thousand, due to daily clinic visits & appt fees & medicine. & i don't have funds to do urgent care. will the medicine i mentioned help?

Sometimes an oral steroid taper is needed, and should be done promptly to protect the eye.

We do not replace a doctors visit and exam.

No gaurantee the drops would be enough.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.