Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has been having a headache on the top left side…

Customer Question
My husband has been having...
My husband has been having a headache on the top left side of his head - forehead and above the left eye. He says it doesn't hurt inside like a normal headache. More like the skull or right under the skull. Today he said it is like a burning sensation. He went to the doctor thinking maybe it was the start of shingles altho he has no rash. All they gave him was oral medicine for shingles and never did any testing. He is 60 years old. Do you have any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
2/23/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

If the doctor feels your husband is very likely to be having a shingles outbreak -- which is a clinical diagnosis that does not use any special tests -- then the soon he starts on the medication the better he will be.

So. To me?

It sounds like your husband is getting excellent advice.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.