Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have extreme health anxiety so I need someone to be

Customer Question
sensitive towards that please. I have...
I have extreme health anxiety so I need someone to be sensitive towards that please.
I have severe anxiety and depression. Well on Friday I noticed that I have blue in the white of my eyes (sclera) in both eyes near my tear duct areas. I googled it, and all these collagen disease came up which I believe I do not have but it scared me and ran to my doctor. He looked very quickly at my eyes and said I don't have blue sclera. He said you can see some blue in the whites because underneath the white sclera there is blue and as we age it thins out. I'm 34. I wasn't satisfied so I went to the ER. I had a thorough eye exam and the doctor said I have text book vision and pretty much said the same thing as my family doctor. However I told him I saw online all these diseases that could cause that and he said I would have more symptoms. However I read that scleroderma and lupus can do this too and sadly my mother had scleroderma and that is why I'm so afraid. I asked the doctor about it and he said "I'll let you figure that out with your doctor" and sort of dismissed it. I am known as a frequent flyer at the hospital. I do have hypothyroidism and vitiligo. I'm so terrified now, I'm obsessing over my sclera and I don't know what to do. Please help as my I have such bad health anxiety and have had panic attacks all weekend long. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye