Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 89 year old male. For almost 10 years I been suffer…

Customer Question
I am a 89 year...
I am a 89 year old male. For almost 10 years I been suffer from a muscle wasting disease. I have lost 50 pounds and can not walk, have trouble holding a fork or spoon and my vision is becoming degraded even though I had cataract surgery on both eyes two years ago. I began to have difficulty swallowing a couple of years. It has become much worse because of excess thick mucus rising up into the back of my mouth when I begin to eat. To prevent gagging and choking I must bring up the food and mucus and spit it out. This goes on for successive bites. I eat very slowly taking small bites. When I keep my chin tucked in and my body erect I get by but have to be very careful or I will choke particularly when drinking a liquid while eating.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
2/17/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Thank you for that background information.

What question(s) do you have that I can assist you with today?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.