Christopher Palmer
Christopher Palmer,
Experience:  Hospitalist Physcian (Internist) at Kent County Hospital
91318447

My eyelid feels heavy and strange but looks normal, Been to

Customer Question

My eyelid feels heavy and strange but looks normal , Been to the dr . Also a tingling feeling n my cheek and my eye feels jumpy..I feel light sensitive and sometimes i see the second line next to the line in the road.. Then I have to blink hard to correct it .Its very stressful. I have been on anti viral for a week and prednisone for 10days as well as lyrica but the symptoms persist. The dr wants to send me for a scan but I feel its a local thing in either my face nerve or muscle What to do
Category: Eye
Expert:  Christopher Palmer replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like Blepharospasm. A focal dystonia. You should get basic blood work, neurology eval, and if it persists you may need a medication called Levodopa. If this helps then it is a dystonia. Botox can help too. Again a neurologist is the specialist to see. Theres really no known cause of Blepharospasm. I hope this helps