Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have one dilated pupil with blurred vision and headache…

Customer Question
I have one dilated pupil...
I have one dilated pupil with blurred vision and headache since yesterday. Do you know what might be causing this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2016
Eye Doctor: khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 2 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Exactly where is the headache? On a scale of 0-10, what is it with 0 being no pain and 10 being the strongest pain? What is it like? Does it radiate to somewhere else? Does anything make it better or worse? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

The headache is only mild. I'd rate it as 2 or 3 at it's worst. It's above and behind the eye. Feels like sinus pressure. It doesn't radiate. I've taken paracetamol but it hasn't made any difference. I'm 5ft 11 inches and weigh 52 kilograms. I had laser eye surgery 2 years ago but have had no problems until now. I don't know what has triggered it. No family history of medical problems. I take Yasmin and duloxetine both of which I've been on for at least 5 years.
Thanks.

It could be cerebral venous thrombosis. You should go to the ER immediately to have imaging studies such as CT or MRI venography.

Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) occurs when a blood clot forms in the brain’s venous sinuses.

khagihara
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)