Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I'm a diabetic and have glaucoma my last visit my eye

Customer Question
pressure was 24 in left...
I'm a diabetic and have glaucoma my last visit my eye pressure was 24 in left eye and 20 in the right and I found out I was bleeding behind the eyes. The eye doctor didn't seem to be to concern she told me she would watch it. I recently went back for a check-up my pressures came down both eye were 14. Bleeding behind the left eye seem to improve but right eye didn't. She now wants me to get a Carotid Doppler test . Both my primary and heart doctor did not find any a problems . What cause bleeding behind the eyes? My cholesterol level total is 138 HDL is 66 and LDL 52 this is my recent lab results.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
1/11/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question.

I have a few questions to ask regarding your eye problem.

1. By which method was the intraocular pressure recorded? Was it by air puff by machine or by putting a dye in the eye and then touching the eye with a tonometer?

2. When the bleeding behind both the eyes was noted was the vision reduced grossly in both eyes or did the vision remain the same as before?

3. Were you put on any intraocular pressure reducing eye drops?

4. Did the doctor mention something like Diabetic retinopathy-NPDR or Vitreous hemorrhage or retinal vein occlusion?

5. Did she ask for Fundus fluorescein angiography(FFA)- a dye is injected in the arm and photos of the back of the eye are taken ?

This is just an information request. I look forward to your replies.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist