Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I am getting this lump, it is firm, about the size of my

Customer Question

I am getting this lump, it is firm, about the size of my pinkie fingernail on my zygomaticofacial bone. Just below the corner of my eye. The odd thing is, it can be there out of the blue, tender to the touch, and within an hour or two be gone. The next day or could be a week later, there it is again.
What is this and should I see a doctor?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. I am a head and neck surgeon and can help you. The likely cause of this lumps can be a cyst which recurs again and again. Tenderness means that it gets infected again and again. I reassure you that there can be nothing serious behind this. You may need to get it excised or may need just a course of antibiotics. Yes you should see your doctor but I reassure you that there is nothing serious behind this. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards