Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My wife is 23 weeks pregnant and got sick around 36 hrs ago,

Customer Question

My wife is 23 weeks pregnant and got sick around 36 hrs ago, sore throat, runny/blocked nose, sore eyes, hot/cold feeling but doesn't appear to have temperature. But around 18 hrs ago headache on left side around eye, forehead, now causing same side tooth ache, severe headache not felt before, is this bacterial or viral?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

It is impossible to say if it is bacterial or vial....but it sounds like either a cold or the flu with a secondary sinus infection.

So. What should she do?

Call her OB/GYN and get in for a quick evaluation. Her OB will be able to diagnose the primary issue and, if indicated, prescribe a medication that is safe for both mom and baby.

I would not recommend just dealing with this on your own at this point.

Does this make any sense to you?

Do

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS