Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had a red spot in my vision Seen multiple eye docs the

Customer Question
Customer: hey I am Gowri...
Customer: hey I am Gowri I had a red spot in my vision Seen multiple eye docs the spot comes and goes but nobody found anything
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well, I've had head aches for a whilet tension between my eyebrows and the doc did diagnose me with an eye turn , what do you call it exophoria ? I have slight myopia -1 and -1.25 been checked by multiple docs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Eye Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
12/9/2015
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Hello Gowri,

Thank you for the question.

With no contributory cause for the intermittently seen red spot as confirmed by various eye doctors (assuming they were all ophthalmologists ) it looks like the red spot and headaches are co related and are likely to be due to migraine. Such colored spots or patterns are known as fortification spectra and may or may not be associated with headache. There are many aggravating factors such as stress, anxiety, bright light or long hours of viewing television or computers, sudden loud sound, certain foods such as sweets or chocolate or MSG containing food, around menstrual period in women. Recurrence can be prevented by identifying a aggravating factor.

As for the myopia or exophoria, they are unlikely to be related to the red spot.

Please let me know if you have anything else to ask in this regard.

Thank you and best wishes

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist