Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I am hoping this will be my last question for a while I

Customer Question
Good evening, I am hoping...
Good evening, I am hoping this will be my last question for a while I apologise for asking so many. I only get a few minutes with my doctor and no time to ask questions. I will give some history then ask my question. Originally five years ago pappilledema
was picked up, however I had no other symptoms, so I was given a brain scan and sent on my way. It has been picked up since. In March I had an eye injury (an accidental knee to the eye socket) the eye was very bruised and swollen. Query fracture of eye socket.
Vision after became distorted (it may have been distorted before however after the injury was the first time I noted it). My vision on the Amsler chart has wavy lines (right eye only) horizontal lines are broken, vertical lines are bulging. I have had every
test known to man! They know it is a macula problem but they cannot find it. I am awaiting a fluorescein test but that will now be the end of January. So during the test the doctor picks up papilledema again, and apart from the eye sight, I have had no symptom.
Until one day I had a bleed on the optic nerve head and then felt drunk for a whole week and pretty much since. I was referred to a neurologist, diagnosed with IIH, and placed on 250mg of Diamox, increased to 500mg, which caused really bad sight problems,
so they reduced it back down to 250mg, I am yet again feeling drunk, have random popping and pressure behind the left ear, feel like my eyes are being pushed in (both) my vision in the right eye is decreasing (the right eye papilledema is actually worse than
the left). In addition I also have tilted optic nerves. Which leads me onto my question. Two nights ago (about 48 hours ago) I was sat at my computer and looked across out the corner of my eye and noticed a shadow on the right eye outer side of my vision.
It isn't in my eye line and I suspected I was seeing my lens (it kind of looks like I am looking skewed through the lens). But I woke up yesterday and it was still there so I took a trip to the eye hospital. She did my visual fields which were fine. And she
did my pressures which were fine, and she dialated my eyes and had a very good look at the back of my eyes. Now she said she couldn't see any reason why I have this shadow on the right eye, and sees no reason for it and sent me home. My concern is that I have
metamorphobsia causing the macula type problem which hasn't been decided this is me and my research, I wonder if this new vision obscurity is a worsening symptom of the metamophobsia. What should I do? The eye doctor sent me home, if it is to do with the pressure,
it is imperative I am seen sooner rather than later? I await a lumbar puncture (I hope to go in next week) but in the mean time, I worry I will lose my sight. I apologise for the long winded question but wanted to give you the history before I asked the question.
Many thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 day by:
12/6/2015
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

I have severe asthma. I am leg amputee I have chronic back pain caused my arthritis in the lumbar region sleep apnea vitamin B12 and Vitamin D deficiency binge eating disorder cptsd I take Amisulpride 400mg. Which is an antipsychotic. Prozac 20mg Chlorpromazine 50mg 3 x a day. oramorph 5ml x 4 times cocodamol 60/1G four times a day. Zomorph 10mg at night. Omeprazole 10mg. Vitamin B12. I take pulmicort serevent Ventolin and spiriva and some extra vitamins biotin vitamin B complex. I'm heavy at 19 English stone and am five foot three inches tall.

Thank you for that additional information.

It might be due to your pressure causing damage to your optic nerve or you could have issues with your macula as you stated.

I suggest you see a retina specialist. She can examine you and, if necessary, do specialized testing such as an OCT or flourescein angiogram.

Of course, loosing weight could help with your IIH. I suggest trying a weight loss program such as weight watchers, especially before thinking about treatments such as bariatric surgery.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD