Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Had eye exam yesterday. Dr. said Rx was a little different.

Customer Question

Had eye exam yesterday. Dr. said Rx was a little different. When he gave me my contacts. I see burry/double vision far away. He said it would take a week to adjust. Why. Before it wasn't like this I could see good right away
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the question.

Do you have your contact lens prescription? Do you have a new cylinder now which wasn't there before?

Do you see blurred /double vision if you take off your contacts and switch to spectacles also?

I look forward to your replies.

This is just an information request and not an answer.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They will give my Rx after the week if I adjust to the lens.
I don't know what a "new cylinder " is
I do not have my new glasses, but when I take out the new contacts and put my old glasses on, NO I do not see blurry/double vision
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My old contacts work fine, but I have to use cheater, store bought, glasses for reading.

Thank you for the prompt reply and additional information.

Just one more query.

Did the doctor mention anything about astigmatism?

Any idea about the power of your old contact lenses?

what type of contact lens has been given to you now- RGP? or soft?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No astigmatism
Unknown power on old lens
soft

Alright, thanks.

Your old lenses being soft lenses, I don't think that the new lenses should cause blurring or double vision for distance whatever the spherical correction might be. However an uncorrected astigmatism ( uneven curvature of the cornea or the tranparent front part of the eye which is partly responsible for refractive errors such as short sightedness/ long sightedness/ astigmatism) can cause such a visual problem. Small astigmatism less than 1.5 D can be corrected with spherical soft contact lenses. Larger than that would need Toric soft lenses. I am not sure if this is the case but looks more like this.

If the blurring or double vision persists throughout this week then I guess you would need different kind of lenses. The trial lenses might have been given to check this out.

Is there anything else that I can answer for you in this regard? Please let me know.