Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I wear contacts and in early stage of cataract. I've tried

Customer Question
I wear contacts and in...
I wear contacts and in early stage of cataract.
I've tried monovision (I think they are called) where one helps you see close while the other helps with distance(proclear?). Seems like my vision was not the best and I had difficulty seeing at all. Recently, I am carrying some "walmart readers" around all the time, which is not convenient either. The joy of getting old! Anyway, I was wondering if there are any new developments for people in my circumstance? It's frustrating. I need to reorder contacts but wanted to know if I have other options I may not be aware of.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
11/17/2015
Eye Doctor: eyesight2020, Optometrist replied 2 years ago
eyesight2020
eyesight2020, Optometrist

Yes ,besides monovision you could try bifocal contact lenses.

There are several companies that have the bifocal design in soft contacts.It is for you and your eye doctor to decide which is best for you.

Any other questions just post it here and I will get back to you.

Other wise feel free to rate my response

I'm thinking I have tried the bifocal lens, but I will verify that

I guess I was hoping for a miracle...

Well your doctor may just need to adjust your monovision prescription

so you will not have to use readers.

Feel free to rate my responses

Thankyou

Is there a bifocal that is new on the market? Or new type of lens?

There are several companies that have bifocal contact lenses.

Acuvue has a two week and daily wear bifocal lens.

B&L has a monthly and daily wear bifocal lens.

Ciba and Cooper have monthly bifocal lenses.

So it is for your doctor to work with you to see which one of the above would be best for you.

If this has answered your question feel free to rate it in order for me to be compensated

Thank you

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist