Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have tenderness to the touch on my scalp around my temple.

Customer Question
I have noticed it for...
I have tenderness to the touch on my scalp around my temple. I have noticed it for a few weeks. No other symptoms. I do have some arthritis. I have read tonight that it may be temporal arteritis. Should I go to the ER or can I wait to see a doctor in the am. Aim worried about my vision. I am not currently having vision problems but have read about the possible vision problems it can cause
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
11/13/2015
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

There are more symptoms then just scalp tenderness to point towards a diagnosis of giant cell arteritis.

If this is your only symptom, except for having The Evil Dr. Google scaring you half to death, I would not rush off to the ER right now as it is unlikely that you have this disease.

That being said, if you are having a lot of anxiety over this issue then going to the ER, having a complete exam and lab work such as CBC/C reactive protein and Westegen sed rate wouldn't hurt.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD