Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Had a crazy reverse c or crescent shape distortion in my eye

Customer Question
off to the periferal side-...
Had a crazy reverse c or crescent shape distortion in my eye off to the periferal side- and slowly got bigger and disappeared
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
11/6/2015
Eye Doctor: Dr. Longo, Optometrist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Longo
Dr. Longo, Optometrist

How long did it last for - 5 to 15min? It sounds like an ophthalmic migraine aura. People can get visual auras that last 5-15min randomly and without a migraine. No need to worry. There's no prediction as to how often it will occur or when; but now you know what it was. If you ever experience intermittent flashes of light more than a constant shape then see an eye Doctor for a dilation to evaluate the retinal tissue for holes/tears. But the way you are describing it sounds like a typical aura.

Any other questions I can help you with? =)

Please remember to accept to close this discussion if you're ready. Thanks! =)

Dr. Longo
Dr. Longo
Dr. Longo, Optometrist